To Create an Estimate.
Adding Estimates in Contractor Foreman is fast, easy and can be done from the field and emailed to the customer straight from the App. Estimates can be simple lump sum type estimates or detailed and job costed. You can include Markups and taxes for line items as well as detailed description for line items.
Points to Remember:
Required fields are marked with an Asterisk (*.)
Estimates will also show up on your Dashboard (Home Screen)
To save your work, click the blue “Submit” button.
To edit the record, click the green pencil icon in the upper right corner.
Deleting Items can only be done by a person with Admin Rights or if you are given access to do so.
If an Estimate needs to be Deleted, you can do so by clicking on the “Action” button at the bottom of the page on the right.
Steps to Create a New Estimate:
- Navigate to Main Menu.
- Click on Estimates.
- Click on blue button “Create a New Estimate” on the left.
- Enter the following information:
- Title: (Mandatory)
- Customer: (Mandatory)
- Estimate Date/#: (Mandatory)
- Expiration Date:
- Billed To:
- Authorized By: Select from Drop-down.
- Project: Select from Drop-down.
- Scope of Work:
- Approval Type: Select from Drop-down.
- Add Section:
- Add Items / Modify: In available only after edit has been clicked on.
- Tax / Amount: Select from Drop-down.
- Save Estimate as Template: The “Template” is just a checkbox. This will be used two ways.
1) Someone creates an Estimate and its purpose is to always be copied and used for other Estimates.
2) Someone creates an Estimate, users it, and decides “I want to use this again in the future for others, I’ll make it a Template”.
Marking an Estimate as a template doesn’t really do anything special. All it does is moves the Estimate to the top of the “Import from Template” list so that it is easier to find compared to having a list of 100 to sort through.
- Estimate (Terms and Conditions): Select option – Default – Custom – Both.
- Default: Full-payment is due within 30 days of receiving this invoice unless other terms have been agreed upon.
- Add an Attachment: Upload all Photos & Files in link to this Project. (On the phone or Tab this would be a Camera button so just click away & it will upload here automatically)